Friday, May 6, 2011

New Galaxy

I've had several people ask me how to create the "New Galaxy" effect I used in a recent Photoshop Challenge on the Photography Schoolhouse Forum. I got the idea from Advanced Photoshop Magazine but tweaked it to fit my needs.
1. Choose a picture with a dark background. This one is from stock.xchng.



2. Create a duplicate layer. Draw a shape in the dark area & erase everything else on the top layer.


 3. Click on FX > Outer Glow. Here are the settings I used.


4. Flatten the layers.



5. Filter > Render > Lens Flare > 35mm prime. Move center of lens flare to middle of green glow.


Hope that answers your questions. If you're not already a member, join in the fun at www.photographyschoolhouse.com. Share your pictures & your photography
questions and answers. You can also contact me at karenmillerphoto@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment